Saturday, March 6, 2010

Disclaimer

This blog is supposed to be a place where I reflect on my experiences in the Technology Integration Program (TIP) Placement. I know that reflections can be boring at times; however, I would like the people that do read my blog to enjoy it. Having said that, I plan to be as creative as possible in my blog posts. I would appreciate comments on the experience itself, as well as on my creativity. If you have any suggestions for ways that I can make this blog more enjoyable to read, then please let me know. For anyone who has read this far, I thank you and I hope that you will continue to read future posts.

3 comments:

  1. I appreciate the creativity! Keep it up.

    One thing that adds interest and readability to posts is to incorporate something besides text. Pictures and videos are the easiest.

    When I craft a post on my blog, I usually try to use one picture that is often a metaphor for what I am talking about. I usually place the picture at the beginning. Other times I use pictures to illustrate a point in a more direct fashion. Compfight is my go-to resource for finding CC pictures.

    Two final ways to encourage comments, discussion, and enjoyment include the following:
    1. Conclude your post with a question that invites discussion. The question should be based on your post.
    2. Link to an existing post that is already out on the blogosphere. You will need to link to the post permalink (ask me if you want to know more) and not the blog itself. Doing so will place a comment in the linked blog's post (called a trackback) that will encourage new readers to visit your blog.

    Please know that doing any or all of the following is "above and beyond" the requirements for this course, but any extra efforts won't go unnoticed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have new readers visit my blog! Do you think that it is something that people will actually want to read? Please teach me how to link to the permalink. Also, what blogs should I link mine to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog Whitney :-)
    Tony

    ReplyDelete